If you are getting average grades even after working hard, then you need to take same extra steps to improve them. Initially you will face a lot of challenges but it is sure that if you will work towards it with completely focus then you will achieve good grades.
1. Don’t miss classes: Missing or bunking classes can never lead you to good grades.
2. Listen to lectures: Students scoring good grades find lectures as a treasure. They take all the lectures and concentrate completely to each and every class. These students clear the concepts of the subject in these class lectures.
3. Class Participation: Top students ask questions to the teachers and actively participate in all the classroom activities. They always raise their hand on every question that is asked in the class. Teacher assigns extra marks for the class participation and this helps in increasing the grades.
4. Attendance Marks: Teachers also provide marks to those who attend all the classes. Missing classes will also make you slow to understand the missed concepts and the doubts.
5. Practice Daily: As you attend the lecture it is important to practice it on the very same day. This is help you to understand the freshly learnt concept and you will not forget that till time. By this you will not forget what you have learnt because many students forget that. If you will keep practicing daily then you will tend to learn more clearly and can clear the doubts on the very next day.
6. Read Additional Books: Only studying the course books are not enough to grab all the concepts but you should also read some additional books to enhance your knowledge about the concerned domain. With this you can clear your concepts with extra sources and you can get extra marks for the uniqueness in your answer.
7. Take Notes: Students who create personalized notes for what they have studied and this will help them to recollect the important points that is necessary to use on the answers and can also help in getting good marks. It is important to make your own notes according to your understanding of the topic and try to show these notes to your teachers so that they can tell you if it is right or wrong. Try to include the main points of your teacher in your class note to get the basic idea of the topic because you cannot write everything that the teacher says in the lecture.
8. Study in Groups: Alone you cannot clear the concepts that you can attain with a group study. With the help of different brains new and out-of-the box ideas comes that can help you to build a new understanding. By studying in the group, you can learn a topic more comprehensive; you can learn new perspective about certain things and you can improve your team working and leadership skills.
These steps are essential to attain good grades for the academics.